Welcome to Darkside Daily

When I'm not writing about my experiences in this journey called 'life', I'm singing and uploading my own interpretations of modern music. Click on "Cover Songs" to hear them, or on the YouTube logo on the right to see my YouTube channel.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Twenty Minute Posting: III

First of all, let me wish everyone a very happy and prosperous Sinhala and Tamil new year!


Just like me, I am sure most of you readers in Sri Lanka have enjoyed a week of holidays, filled with festivities, fun and food. Just like me, I'm sure you are sad to see it end. 

I'm not sure about you, but this break couldn't have come at a better time for me. I was dying for a break from it all, just to sit back and relax and not let my mind shift into any gear higher than "medium-slow". So as soon as I swiped my card at 530pm on Friday last week, I was in holiday mode; no waking up early, no work worries, no cooking, no shaving. Yes, I said it; no shaving.


While I'm sure all of you took trips all over the country, and some even out of the country, I was content to hibernate at home, gaming and downloading shows and movies at a mad rate. Of course, as per custom, the universe would naturally conspire against my meager attempts at happiness, so on Wednesday it sent a lightning bolt to fry the motherboard on my PC. Thanks, universe. Thanks.


Luckily I had my laptop, and with a few adjustments (switching to battery power at the slightest sign of rain) I managed to salvage some of my computer related 'goals' for the holidays. Then of course there was the food; Mom completely outdid herself in preparing some fine, fine cuisine on every single day for every single meal. From roast chicken to grilled fish to pizza to traditional Indian to - my mouth waters at the thought of it all, it was simply sublime.


Sadly, all good things come to an end, and as I shave off my glorious one week old beard, I'm just counting the hours before I must once again swipe in at work. In fact, as I look at the time now, I realise in exactly 12 hours I'll be at work. The sadness of it all.


Either way, my time is running out, and I hope all of you had a fantastic week. I'm sure Monday will bring around an extra bad case of Monday blues, so we'll all suffer through it together. Thank God I'll be off on Good Friday, so at least I'm being eased back into the 5 day work routine somewhat slowly.


Cheers all, and here's to a not-so-gloomy return to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...