Welcome to Darkside Daily

When I'm not writing about my experiences in this journey called 'life', I'm singing and uploading my own interpretations of modern music. Click on "Cover Songs" to hear them, or on the YouTube logo on the right to see my YouTube channel.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Love

To you,

The lines of communication between us have not always been open. I remember a time when I would shut my heart and my head from whatever you would say, choosing to paint your words as an annoying empty tune on repeat.

How things have changed; coming home is no longer complete without sitting in the kitchen with you, listening to you speak into my life. Speaking words of life, of hope, of strength, and of steel.

We have both come through the wars, and I see now that whatever semblance of 'strength' I can claim as my own, originated from you.

I salute you, and I honour your sacrifices, and I am forever in awe of your toughness and character.

Before our worlds end, I pray I make you proud.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...